Friday, August 2, 2013

Do it on 60d's

    Nearly a week removed from the 2013 TCS NW Regional, I'm still glowing about the fun I had.
No, it wasn't in a glamour class, like GT2, or GT1. It was the lowly M-chassis.

    These little cars are often-overlooked in the general scheme of things, yet have a cult-following for those that run them on a weekly basis. Curious why? Race a 6-minute Main with 9 other angry bees door to door, and you'll see. I'll wait for you to wipe the smile from your face afterwards.

    Becoming a father 6 months ago changed a lot for me, not the least of which was my hobby budget, and the time available to enjoy those hobbies. The phrase "Cheap Thrills" comes to mind, because once you're bitten by the RC bug, You find creative ways to get your fix. Looking through boxes of old cars, and thinking of classes that would be fun, M-chassis kept coming to mind. Having been 10 years since I last raced the class, I assumed the feeling would change, the competition would be different, Those were exactly as I remembered. The fun factor, however, felt higher than ever.

    This blog will be a journal of sorts, for all things M-chassis in the NW, as well as a source for setups, race dates, and general info, all at the aim of increasing interest in this awesome class.

Stay tuned for more posts, info, and a schedule of races at Hangar 30 to come
Have fun, and do it on 60d's!

-Jesse


M_

   





No comments:

Post a Comment